Dear River Walk II Owner:
Is your assessment accurate? We believe it may be high and you may be able to save taxes by appealing your assessment.
If your unit was purchased prior to December 31, 2008, your assessment is based on values effective December 31, 2008.
We recently completed a retrospective appraisal effective December 31, 2008 on a Riverwalk II 3-bedroom unit (not direct Waterway) and the appraised value was $151,000. Horry County had assessed value at $220,000. If the assessment appeal is accepted by Horry County (and we have no reason to believe it won’t), the owner will save $590 in taxes this year and $590 in taxes next year.
You can appeal your assessment until January 15, 2013 by documenting a lower value through comparable sales.
If you would like our assistance in the appeal process, we are offering discounted fees on orders received by December 19, 2012.
For a non-refundable fee of $225, a certified appraiser will develop an appraisal of your unit and hand-deliver the appropriate paper work to the Horry County Tax Assessor’s office. You should be aware that an appraisal from Certifax does not guarantee a reduction in your taxes. Naturally, we are ethically bound to strict appraisal standards. However, after 26 years and more than 35,000 appraisals, we have successfully provided innumerable individuals with well-founded appraisals to appeal their taxes, and they have successfully reduced their taxes using our appraisals.
Discounted fees expire on December 19. Thereafter, fees will increase by $50.
If interested in participating in this program, you may order in one of three ways:
1) By credit card or PayPal (click on Add to Cart button which will open shopping cart in upper-right corner of this page) [wp_cart:River Walk II Appeal:price:225.00:end][show_wp_shopping_cart]
2) Call our office and pay with Visa or MasterCard (843-497-9155, Ext. 106)
3) Mail a $225 check payable to Certifax Appraisals, 1297 Professional Dr., Suite 201, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
With all orders, the County requires your original signature on the appeal form. Please click HERE, download form, sign and send to us.
This offer is only for River Walk II unit owners. If you have other property for which you would like our assistance, please email us at info@CertifaxAppraisals.com or call us at 843-497-9155, Ext. 106.
Should you have any questions, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions (HERE). Please also read important information about the appeal process at bottom of page.
Important Information About the Appeal Process
Your property’s assessment is based on either
- market value effective December 31, 2008 (the last Countywide assessment), or
- market value effective December 31 in the year the property’s ownership interest last transferred (if after 2008).
For property that has not changed ownership since December 31, 2008, the County bases appraised value on 2008 sales (and in some cases 2009 sales) rather than current market value.
As an owner, you have the right to appeal the assessed valuation.
To assist you in this process, we are offering our services to help you file the necessary objections and will
- Prepare an appraisal of your property effective December 31 in the year the property’s ownership last transferred,
- OR prepare an appraisal of your property effective December 31, 2008, using comparable sales from 2008 and, when appropriate, 2009
- Submit the appropriate paperwork to the Tax Assessor’s office.
You should be aware that an appraisal from Certifax does not guarantee a reduction in your taxes. Naturally, we are ethically bound to strict appraisal standards. However, after 26 years and more than 35,000 appraisals, we have successfully provided innumerable individuals with well-founded appraisals to appeal their taxes, and they have successfully reduced their taxes using our appraisals.
Horry County has been bombarded with appeals over the last few years. Should the County appraiser reviewing your file reject your appeal, you will be able to use the appraisal from Certifax with the Horry County Tax Appeal Board, eliminating the need for an in-person conference.
Due to the time sensitivity of this issue and in order to ensure that you are included in any formal protest, it’s imperative that you return these documents in a timely manner. The sooner you can send in the protest request, the better.