If you own real estate in Horry County, you recently received your 2013 property tax bill.
Is your assessment accurate?
You can protest your assessment until January 15, 2014 by documenting a lower value through comparable sales.
If you would like our assistance in the appeal process, please place your order by December 17, 2013.
- Condos and Townhomes: $225
- Single Family Detached Homes: Please call us to discuss fees (843-497-9155, Ext. 103)
If interested in participating in this program, you may order with credit card or PayPal using the shopping cart below
Should you have any questions, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions (HERE). Please also read important information about the appeal process at bottom of page.
You may also contact us by email at info@CertifaxAppraisals.com or by phone at 843-497-9155, Ext. 103.
Condominium and Townhouse Appraisals
Use “Add to Cart” button to pay with credit card or PayPal
|Condominiums and Townhouses||Fee|
|Prepare Appraisal and Submit Appeal to Horry County by January 15, 2014[wp_cart:Condo/TH-Appraisal and Submit Appeal:price:225.00:end][show_wp_shopping_cart]
Important Information About the Appeal Process
Your property’s assessment is based on either
- market value effective December 31, 2008 (the last Countywide assessment), or
- market value effective December 31 in the year the property’s ownership interest last transferred (if after 2008).
For property that has not changed ownership since December 31, 2008, the County bases appraised value on 2008 sales (and in some cases 2009 sales) rather than current market value.
As an owner, you have the right to appeal the assessed valuation.
To assist you in this process, we are offering our services to help you file the necessary objections and will
- Prepare an appraisal of your property effective December 31 in the year the property’s ownership last transferred,
- OR prepare an appraisal of your property effective December 31, 2008, using comparable sales from 2008 and, when appropriate, 2009
- Submit the appropriate paperwork to the Tax Assessor’s office.
You should be aware that an appraisal from Certifax does not guarantee a reduction in your taxes. Naturally, we are ethically bound to strict appraisal standards. However, after 27 years and more than 35,000 appraisals, we have successfully provided innumerable individuals with well-founded appraisals to appeal their taxes, and they have successfully reduced their taxes using our appraisals.
Horry County has been bombarded with appeals over the last few years. Should the County appraiser reviewing your file reject your appeal, you will be able to use the appraisal from Certifax with the Horry County Tax Appeal Board, eliminating the need for an in-person conference.
Due to the time sensitivity of this issue and in order to ensure that you are included in any formal protest, it’s imperative that you return these documents in a timely manner. The sooner you can send in the protest request, the better.