Last revised: May 29, 2012
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com
Your Email Privacy Overview
We value your email privacy. Certifax will not reveal or hand over our email lists of Members, newsletter readers and/or editorial contacts to any third-party emailer.
Information Gathered and Tracked by Certifax
We gather two types of data about our users: personal information and tracking information.
Personal information is provided by users when registering on Certifax Websites as a member of Certifax, when registering as a subscriber to one of our premium subscription services, and voluntarily at certain other points, such as entering contests or completing surveys.
Registering for Membership on Certifax
Currently, we do not require users to become members of Certifax in order to have access to the free commentary, analysis and news available on Certifax.com. However, if you would like to use certain features, such as email newsletters, or access additional products of Certifax Websites, we require you to register to become a member.
In order to register, you will have to supply us with your email address and choose a unique User Name and Password. You will be required to verify your email address by clicking on the activation link in the Welcome Letter that will be sent to you upon your submission of a completed registration form.
Subscribing to Premium Services
If you would like access to one or more of our premium subscription-based services, you will need to supply us with the information specified to activate your free trial or paid subscription. This may include credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on our servers or third-party vendor servers.
In addition to the cookies described above, Certifax, its agents, advertisers and third-party advertising vendors that serve ads onto our web sites, and other third party partners may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages based upon the websites you visit, or other purposes. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third part advertisers and vendors. Additionally, third party advertising vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the Internet. If you would like more information about cookies and targeted advertisements or to opt out of having this information used by companies that are part of the Network Advertising Initiative to provide such advertisements, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
Some of our other third-party vendors, agents, partners and companies with whom we do business or are linked to are listed below. If you would like more information about cookies or to opt-out of tracking technologies from these companies, you may click on each individual link to visit their respective privacy policies.
- BB&T (Branch Banking & Trust)
- Digital Access Pass
- Constant Contact
- Google Analytics
USE OF THE INFORMATION
- To enhance users’ experiences on Certifax Websites, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To improve our content;
- To maintain and improve Certifax Websites and our Services;
- To ensure the technical functioning of Certifax Websites and our Services; and
- To deliver our Services, as well as free email newsletters containing selected stories, market information, advertisements and links to Certifax Websites, or to contact you via direct mail, email, telephone, or SMS text message with information and offers for our Services, as well as special offers and advertisements for products or services offered by third parties. If you have concerns about communications you receive from Certifax, You may contact our customer service department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you unsubscribe from communications but subsequently reregister with Certifax or enter your email address into any form on Certifax Websites, your communication preferences may revert from their unsubscribed status and/or you may receive communications from which you had previously unsubscribed.
Certifax does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators;
- We provide the information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- We provide the information on a confidential basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software or administering a sweepstakes or contest. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- We may disclose all the information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements; and
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups are available to you through our Web site. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited responses. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your personal information in a public forum.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING THE INFORMATION
Certifax offers to its members the ability to correct or update online the information we collected during registration by visiting the “My Profile” page under the “Member’s Menu.” You may also contact our customer service department by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (843) 497-9155, Ext. 105, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday (except holidays).
Certifax limits access to personal information about you to those employees whom we determine need access to that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
YOUR INDEPENDENT RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER COMPANIES
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (843) 497-9155, Ext. 105, during most business days between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Eastern time (U.S.). Certifax reserves the right to modify this policy.